Hey there! I thought I'd share another card we made at last week's stamp-a-stack. This was one of my favorites - not only is it simple, but it looks really cool! :)
I used some of my Greenhouse Gala designer paper and pulled the colors for the card from there. To make my skater boy look more 3-D, I inked him up with Early Espresso ink and stamped him on the Whisper White panel, picked up the stamp and moved it slightly up and to the left of the original image and stamped it again (without re-inking the stamp). A great card to send a special tween or teen!
I also wanted to share my zucchini bread recipe with you. I made this for a treat for my stamp-a-stack and everyone loved it. My favorite way to eat it is with a little schmear of cream cheese and have it with my coffee in the morning. It's like heaven on a plate! Plus, this is actually a vegan recipe, since my kids have several food allergies and we try to make things they can eat, too. You'd never know that this bread didn't have milk or eggs. Enjoy!
Vegan Zucchini Bread
Adapted from a recipe from allrecipes.com
* 3 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
* 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
* 1/2 teaspoon arrowroot powder (optional)
* 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
* 1 cup white sugar
* 1 cup packed brown sugar
* 3/4 cup vegetable oil
* 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
* 3 cups shredded zucchini
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease and sugar two 9x5 inch loaf pans (it's like flouring a pan, but use sugar instead). Whisk together the flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, baking powder, and arrowroot in a bowl until evenly blended; set aside.
2. Whisk together the applesauce, white sugar, brown sugar, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract in a bowl until smooth. Fold in the flour mixture and shredded zucchini until moistened. Divide the batter between the prepared loaf pans.
3. Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 70 minutes. Cool in the pans for 10 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.
Thanks for stopping by today - I hope you have a fantastic day!
Stamps: Extreme Skateboard, On Your Birthday
Paper: Baja Breeze, Tangerine Tango, Whisper White, Early Espresso, Greenhouse Gala dsp
Ink: Early Espresso
Accessories: silver brads, Mat Pack, Paper-Piercing Tool